A Chocolate Bowl Made from a Balloon! This Frankenstein Edible Candy Bowl is so easy to make – all you need is melting chocolate and a balloon!
Edible Candy Bowl (using a balloon!)
Did you know that it is super easy to make an edible candy bowl from nothing more than melting chocolate and a balloon? This Frankenstein edible candy bowl was my first attempt and it was a killer success!
Have I told you how much I love my job? Today I got to spend the day melting stuff and playing with food in my kitchen! By the end of the day I was covered in melted candy, but man….it was the best! I have to say, my hard work paid off today.
I had a blast partnering with Wilton to make the perfect Halloween treat – Frankenstein Edible Candy Bowls (did I mention that it is also really easy?)
That’s right – EDIBLE CANDY BOWLS. I have seen them done before, but this was my first attempt at making them… let’s just say that I think there will be a lot of edible candy bowls in my future!
These Frankenstein Halloween Treats are the perfect Halloween project to make with your kids! They are fun to make, super cute, and a delicious treat! If you are looking for some other great Halloween treats (easy ones!) check out my Halloween Spider Cookies or my Witch Hat Cookies! You will love them!
Ingredients / Shopping List
- Wilton Candy Melts in green, black and white
- Small water balloons
- Wilton candy eyes
- Wilton red and black decorating icing
- Wilton writing tips (I needed a coupler to attach the tip to the icing)
- Black sugar sprinkles
- Mini Rolos
- Candy Corn
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
- Wilton decorating brush
How To Make a Chocolate Bowl from a Balloon
- Cover cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Wash the water balloons and blow them up – do not make them too big!
- Melt the green Wilton candy melts according to the directions on the package, in a small microwaveable bowl.
- Gently dip the balloons in the melted candy covering a good portion of the balloon with the candy. Place balloon on the wax paper on the cookie sheet.
- Let the candy set for at least one hour.
- Carefully cut a small hole in the top of the balloon and slowly let the air out of the balloon (if you just pop it and let the air out quickly, the candy will crack)
- Gently pull the balloon out of the candy bowl.
- Melt a small bowl of black candy melts according to the directions on the packaging. Using the decorating brush, paint the black candy along the top rim of the bowl. While the candy is wet, dip the rim in the black sugar sprinkles. Let dry (only takes a few minutes to dry)
- Melt a small bowl of white candy melts according to the directions on the packaging. Paint a small amount of white candy on the back of the candy eyes and stick them to the bowl.
- Draw a mouth and scar on Frankenstein’s face.
- Use any of the left over candy melts to stick the mini Rolos to the sides of Frankenstein’s face.
- Let everything set, fill with candy of your choice (I always love candy corn) and enjoy!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!