Need an easy dinner? These Easy Meatball Pockets are perfect for your weekday family meal plan! They are quick, easy and kid friendly!
Every once in a while, I try a new recipe that immediately become a regular in our family menu plan. These Meatball Pockets have become just that.
They are quick, easy and full of kid-friendly flavors. I make a big salad to go with them and we have a delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Love meatballs? How about these amazing Pizza Stuffed Mozzarella Meatballs? They are so tender and stuffed with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, topped with pizza sauce and fresh parmesan cheese! Sooooo good!
Hello again, Pinky Pals! It’s Nicole from 365(ish) Days of Pinterest! I didn’t post last month because I was enjoying some time away from blogging to take advantage of summer time with my kids and just unplug for a while.
Now, I’m excited to be back sharing great recipes and fun ideas with you. I can’t wait to start sharing fall and Christmas ideas! But for now, here’s a quick recipe that’s perfect for these busy back-to-school nights.
How to Make Meatball Pockets
- Crescent roll dough (seriously, there’s nothing that stuff can’t do)
- Spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- Frozen meatballs
- Shredded mozzarella
Open crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Place a spoonful of sauce in the middle of the wide end of the triangle as shown below. Top with one meatball (still frozen), add a little more sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Fold over the edges of the dough and pinch or fold the sides closed so it’s a sealed pocket. Bake at 325 for 14-17 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
Want the Printable Recipe?
(just scroll down?)
Quick note: Another way I serve these (and stretch the dough a bit farther) is by cutting the dough into 12 equal squares and laying them in a muffin tin.
Then I just add the sauce, meatball and cheese on top and bake them open-faced. The bread puffs up around the filling and you get little meatball “muffins” that are perfect for snacking.
Making them that way would be more like a football party snack or appetizer. If you get two cans of crescent roll dough, you can use up the whole bag of meatballs and serve a crowd. Either way, they are easy and delicious-enjoy!
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- ½ cup spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 package frozen meatballs
- 1/2-1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Open crescent roll dough and separate into triangles.
- Place a spoonful of sauce in the middle of the wide end of the triangle as shown in pictures above.
- Top with one meatball (still frozen), add a little more sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Fold over the edges of the dough and pinch or fold the sides closed so it’s a sealed pocket.
- Bake at 325 for 14-17 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
More easy dinner recipes
Love buffalo chicken wings dipped in ranch? Then you will love this easy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas Recipe!
If you like these Meatball Pockets, you’ll like these other recipes from 365ish Days of Pinterest!