Corn Bread Muffins
My amazingly beautiful and talented niece, Zoey, had a snow day today – this after many, many, many other snow days already. So when I called to see what she was up to, I really knew there was only one answer…..baking! Zoey is a girl of many talents – dancing, photography and baking! Fortunately she gets this gene from her mom and grandmother, which apparently skipped me and my mom!
So today she made some yummy cornbread muffins and was kind enough to share the recipe with me!
- 1 1/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Combine milk, egg and butter/margarine and mix well.
- Combine the dry and liquid ingredients in a bowl and mix (do not overmix, should be slightly lumpy).
- Pour batter into a well greased muffin pan.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 muffins
Looking for some other GREAT recipes? Check some of my others out!!