Crock Pot Baked Apples the perfect fall dessert
Happy Fall everyone! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co & I’m back today to share with you one of the easiest fall recipes we love to make, Crock Pot Baked Apples. There is something so wonderful about fall with all those great scents like cinnamon & apples. My husband grew up in an orchard just outside of Lake Tahoe & so fall is his favorite time of year. It brings back all those great childhood memories of apple pie, hay rides & gorgeous fall leaves for him. So I love when I can start making fall recipes for him – only it’s still pretty warm for kicking on the oven right now. My solution, make these baked apples in the crock pot. We can have all the great fall flavors we love, in the convenience of the slow cooker.
It’s as easy as coring the apples, adding the crumble & letting them cook. Really- it’s that simple & they are SO delicious. The whole house smells incredible. I wish I could make them everyday. Luckily with all the orchards here touting a record year we should have an abundance of apples to keep us going through the season. We will definitely be making these baked apples again & again
Crock Pot Baked Apples
- 5-6 apples fuji preferable
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter chilled & cubed
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except apples
- Using a pastry cutter (or with your handwork the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly - set aside
- Wash apples & cut off the tops
- Spoon out some of the core & inner flesh to make a "bowl"
- Fill each hallow apple with your crumble mixture & place inside your crock pot
- Cover & cook 2-2.5 hours - just enough that the apples soften but are not falling apart
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top (I like to add some caramel too)
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
It’s really all the sweet goodness of a rich caramel apple crisp – in a neat little apple bowl.
The perfect fall treat for sure.
Looking for more great fall recipes – check out some of these….
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!