I have a new obsession – Cauliflower bread anything!!! I tried Cauliflower Pizza a few weeks ago and I was totally won over – I couldn’t believe that cauliflower could possibly be made into a convincing bread – boy was I wrong!! I have been just waiting to experiment with making a Cauliflower Breadsticks and I think I have perfected it! OMG these were so good. I didn’t tell my family that they were cauliflower and they all loved it! I have successfully snuck vegetables into my kids – yay me!!!
Here is what you need:
- Cauliflower head
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (love Lawry’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaes
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spray it with non-stick butter spray.
- Cut off the florets of the cauliflower – try to cut off as much of the stem as possible. Place the florets in a food processor and “rice it” – you do this by pulsing the food processor – press the button in short “pulse-like” increments- be very careful not to over process and puree, it won’t be good! NOTE- my cauliflower head made 2 cups of cauliflower rice.
- The cauliflower should come out looking almost grain like. See below:
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for about 8 minutes. NOTE – don’t be surprised, it really shrinks down!!
- Pour it out on a kitchen towel or paper towels and wring the water out of it. The more water you get out the better.
- Place in a bowl and mix in all of the other ingredients.
- Place the mixture on the parchment paper and mold it into your desired shape. (careful not to make it too think or thin!)
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake until the edges start to get golden brown and the middle sets – about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use a spatula to flip over.
- (optional) Add some additional mozzarella cheese to top (you won’t regret it) and place back in oven for a few more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and slice. Serve with marinara sauce to dip
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!