This Potato Soup is super simple to make. I let my slow cooker do all the work.
Good Morning Everyone! I am Diane from Recipes for our Daily Bread. I am thankful to be a guest blogger at Princess Pinky Girl. I am sharing with you this Super Simple and Delicious Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup.
During the summer, a slow cooker cooks meals without heating up the entire house. Since I live in the south, this is a huge benefit. In the winter, I enjoy so many soups like homemade chicken noodle, chicken tortilla, gumbo, chili, beans, and much more that are easy to prepare using a crock-pot. The best advantage of using a slow cooker is when you get home from a long exhausting day, dinner is ready. It makes me feel like the modern-day June Cleaver when I say “Dinner is Served”. I almost want to start singing “Be our guest, Be our guest” from Beauty and the Beast. I know I am little obsessed with my crock-pot, but I cannot help it when I smell all the enticing, alluring smells coming from the kitchen with such little effort. So, be my guest and start taking advantage of all the benefits of using your slow cooker. The main purpose for Recipes for our Daily Bread is to encourage families to cook together and eat around the table together. For a busy family, cooking and eating around the table together can be an extremely difficult challenge. Try your slow cooker more often and see if it will help with this challenge.
I have made this soup recipe for years, but never thought about making it in my slow cooker.
I normally precook the potatoes in this soup. Precooking the potatoes is an unnecessary step when using a slow cooker. I have made this Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup twice in my Slow Cooker. It was so easy to do. I simply cut my potatoes up and tossed them in the bottom of it. Next, I added all the rest of the ingredients and let the slow cooker do all the work. It was not only much easier to make, but simply delicious and perfect for a cold winter night.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup
- 8 large raw potatoes you can peel them or wash them well and leave the peeling on, cubed
- 2 medium onions I chop mine in my mini food processor, chopped very fine
- 1 pound bacon cooked hard and crumbled before adding to the slow cooker
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups Sharp Shredded cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup half n half
- Wash the potatoes and leave the skins on OR peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and toss them into the slow cooker.
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker, except the cheese, flour and half & half.
- Cover and cook on high 3 hours or low 6 hours.
- Half way through cooking, add the Half n Half into the flour to make a slurry.
- Stir until all lumps are gone you can add a little stock from the crock-pot.
- Add the paste mixture to the slow cooker with the slow cooker on high.
- Add the cheese to the slow cooker just before serving.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.