Table of Contents
This Apple Crisp Granola recipe brings all the elements of that favorite fall dessert into a nutritious breakfast topper or snack.
Hi everyone, it’s Brianne from Cupcakes & Kale Chips! This Apple Crisp Granola recipe brings all the elements of that favorite fall dessert into a nutritious breakfast topper or snack.
You’ve got double apple flavor from applesauce and dried apples, lots of oat-y, nutty crunch, and the perfect hint of cinnamon.
White chocolate chips add a little sweet vanilla burst, since the granola itself is not overly sweet. And of course granola is the perfect place to sneak in a little superfood goodness with some ground flax seed.
It takes just minutes to mix up, and then you get to enjoy those rich aromas wafting from your oven. But let it cool before you add those chips so they don’t melt, and then start munching away!
Love all things with apples? Check out Princess Pinky Girls Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake. It will make your house smell amazing (and you tummy will be pretty happy too!)
Apple Crisp Granola
- ¼ cup neutral oil such as avocado or canola, or melted coconut oil
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup ground flax seed meal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, egg white, apple sauce, sugar, vanilla, salt, and spice.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, flax seed meal, and walnuts.
- Pour the wet mixture over the oats mixture, and toss to combine.
- Spread granola on the prepared baking sheet, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake 350°F for 15 minutes. Stir gently, being careful not to break up large clumps.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden and dry. Cool on the baking sheet.
- Once completely cool, sprinkle the dried apples and white chocolate chips over the top and transfer to an airtight container.