The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg!
True story – I was that person who couldn’t boil an egg…. and let’s just say it wasn’t all of that long ago. My kids LOVE eggs…they love them scrambled, they love them in a egg souffle (side note…here is a great recipe for an egg souffle), they love egg in a hole (here is how to make egg in a hole!) – but most of all, they LOVE hard boiled eggs. I have tried so many different tricks to make a perfect hard boiled egg. It never fails that the shell sticks and I end up with an egg-y mess! So, after many attempts, I believe I have the “recipe” for the perfect hard boiled egg!
The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg
Here is what you do:
- Place the eggs in a pot
- Fill the pot with cold water – be sure to completely cover the eggs with the water
- Bring the water to a boil
- As soon as the water boils, cover the pot and remove from heat
- Let eggs sit in the covered pot for 12 minutes
- Drain the water from the pot and fill the pot with cold water. Add a few handfuls of ice to the water
- Let the eggs sit in the ice water until completely cool
- Peel, eat, enjoy!
This has worked for me like a charm….what suggestions do you have for making the perfect hard boiled egg?
Looking for some other egg recipes… check these out:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!