No Bake Peanut Butter Balls are hands down chocolate and peanut butter heaven. Rich dark chocolate that is melted and surrounds creamy delicious peanut butter balls will be love at first bite.
Peanut Butter Balls
Hi chocolate lovers, this is Shannon from The Food Cafe bringing you some amazing peanut butter balls! There is just something magical about chocolate and peanut butter. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup is one of my favorite candy, and that combination of creaminess and chocolate just makes me smile from the inside out.
These No Bake Peanut Butter Balls will be the perfect holiday gift this season and your new favorite recipe. Once you have made these your family, friends, and neighbors are going to wait all year to to get them again. They are also great for a cookie exchange!
I think it’s safe to say most people love treats, and these peanut butter balls are going to definitely be a memorable treat.
Another fun holiday treat idea are these Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Clusters that are super simple to make and are another rich and delicious chocolate and peanut combination. Or for those of you who love peanut butter cookies, you have to try these Snickers Peanut Butter Cookies, they are soft and gooey and loaded with peanut butter and snickers candies.
How about a sweet and salty combination? Try our easy to make Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods (these make a great DIY holiday gift too!)
How long do peanut butter balls last?
- Peanut butter balls can be kept in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a air tight container.
- You will want to place a layer of wax or parchment paper between them.
- One super bonus is that you can freeze them and they will last up to typically 3 months. (just let defrost for a few hours until brought to room temperature)
How do you make easy peanut butter balls?
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter, powdered sugar (confectioners sugar), vanilla extract, and butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together and form into small balls (or whatever size you want).
- Place them on a rimmed baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips with a little paraffin wax or use chocolate candy coating melts and dip each ball into chocolate to cover. Once all balls have been dipped let harden in the freezer. (you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
- Store in an airtight container with wax paper between layers in refrigerator or freezer.
Tips for making Chocolate Peanut Balls (and making sure they are perfect every time!)
- If the balls are not holding together well enough, add a little more confectioners sugar (powdered sugar). Add a tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- If dough becomes to sticky to roll, just put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. It is much easier to work with the dough when it is cool. (you may even want to consider putting the dough in the refrigerator for a few minutes before you begin rolling.
- I like to use this cookie scoop to keep my peanut butter balls uniform in size.
What is the difference between peanut butter balls and buckeyes?
Peanut butter balls and buckeyes are essentially the same however, when dipping your peanut butter balls to make buckeyes you leave a small part of the peanut butter showing at the top to make a “buckeye.”
How do you dip peanut butter balls in chocolate?
- Melt chocolate chips using a double boiler and 2 tablespoons of paraffin wax. Bring water to a boil then reduce to a slow boil. Add in chocolate chips and wax and stir until melted. NOTE: you can substitute this with Candy Melts – then you would leave out the paraffin wax.
- One by one using a spoon or a skewer to hold the peanut butter ball, dip the balls one at a time in the chocolate to cover the peanut butter ball completely then place on a rimmed baking sheet or cookie sheet lined with a silicon baking mat, wax or parchment paper.
- You can add holiday themed sprinkles on (think Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter) or don’t! Either way they are delicious!
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls are such a fun way to surprise your neighbors during the holidays and can be packaged up in such fun ways to make the presentation just as amazing as the peanut butter balls. (Do you love no-bake desserts? Be sure to check out our No-Bake Easy Chocolate Truffles)
Well maybe not quite as amazing as creamy dark chocolate melted and smothered over rich and delicious peanut butter.
Keep these No Bake Peanut Butter Balls on your shopping list and hand them out to all those who have been naughty and nice.
More Peanut Butter Desserts
- Ooey Gooey Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Bar
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Tiger Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Bars
- Reese’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- 1-1/2 cups chunky or creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp paraffin wax, grated (NOTE: you can substitute this with Candy Melts - then you would leave out the paraffin wax.)
- sprinkles (optional)
In a large bowl add peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
Form into 25 peanut butter balls. Using a double boiler bring water to a rolling boil and add chocolate chips and wax. Stir until smooth.
note: if you use the candy melts, leave out the wax and follow the directions on the package)
Using a spoon dip each peanut butter ball into chocolate to cover. Place dipped balls on a rimmed sheet pan lined with wax or parchment paper.
Sprinkle with holiday themed sprinkles or drizzle with white chocolate (optional)
Place in freezer to harden about 30 minutes.
Optional (you can substitute this with Candy Melts - then you would leave out the paraffin wax). Just follow the instructions on the package.
Nutrition per serving
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!