This recipe makes for the best homemade meatballs! Whether serving them on top of spaghetti, in a meatball sub sandwich, or on their own, these meatballs will hit the spot for your next meal. They are full of hearty flavor in every bite.
Best Homemade Meatballs
Everything’s better when it’s homemade, and this meatball recipe definitely proves that. These are some of the best meatballs I have ever had, and I think it’s all thanks to one very special ingredient, Ranch seasoning mix. It makes the flavor in these so good, and somehow seemingly enhances all of the other seasonings in them.
The best part about this homemade meatballs recipe is that it can be very versatile. You can serve the meatballs a number of different ways. Because of this they make the perfect dinner item.
You can serve them one way on night one, and serve the leftovers in a completely different way for lunch or on night two. Not only are they delish, but they are super easy to whip up as well. Your whole family is going to love this hearty, homemade classic.
Why We Love Our Homemade Meatballs Recipe
- Easy Recipe
- Great alone or as a side dish
- My picky eater even loves them
- Ready in under 30 minutes
● 2 pounds lean ground beef
● 1 large egg
● ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
● ¼ cup milk
● 2 cloves minced garlic
● ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
● ¼ cup white onion, diced
● 1 package (28g) dry Ranch seasoning mix
CSEE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
How to Make Homemade Meatballs
Stir all of the ingredients together until they are well mixed.
Using a cookie scoop (1.5 tbsp), scoop the mixture into balls. Use your hands to pack and shape them.
Space them one inch apart on the cookie sheets.
PRO-TIP: You can also place them in a muffin pan to keep them from rolling all over the pan.
Bake in an oven for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn each meatball over.
Place the tray back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Additions & Substitutions
Ground beef: You can use a mild ground Italian sausage or ground turkey if you prefer this to ground beef in your meatballs.
Ranch: You can use any brand and style of dry ranch seasoning that you prefer for your homemade meatballs.
How to Serve Homemade Meatballs
One of the best things about these homemade meatballs is their versatility. They can be served any number of ways and be delicious. Here are some ideas for different ways to serve your homemade meatballs.
1. Just as they are! These meatballs are full of flavor, so they can be served as a main course just the way they are. Make some veggies or mashed potatoes as a side dish and you have a full meal.
2. Over spaghetti or any other type of marinara pasta dish. You can also serve them in a meatball pasta casserole.
3. In a meatball sub. There are tons of recipes out there for different types of meatball subs, and they are only made better by using homemade meatballs.
4. In meatball stroganoff. Another classic pasta dish that calls for meatballs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Leftover meatballs should be stored in an airtight container, in the fridge for 4-5 days. To freeze meatballs, place them in the freezer before cooking them and leave them there until they harden up. Then, transfer them to a large Ziploc freezer bag. Seal the bag and remove as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months until you’re ready to cook them.
Once you try these homemade meatballs, you will never go back to store-bought. They are so easy to make and they are bursting with flavor. Serve them any way you prefer from stroganoff to casserole. No matter what, they are bound to be a huge hit.
Other Easy Dinner Recipes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup white onion diced
- 28g package dry Ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until well mixed.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon size cookie scoop, scoop mixture into balls using hands to pack them tightly into ball shapes.
- Space them about an inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes then remove from oven and turn each meatball over. Place tray back in oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!