These delicious Ginger Cookies will not only make your tummy happy, but they will make your house smell delicious!
I just love the smell of these ginger cookies while they are baking in the oven! They will fill the entire house with the delicious aroma of molasses. Be careful though, when you start eating them….you won’t want to stop!
So excited about this great Ginger Cookies recipe from my friend, Crystal, over at Cooking with Crystal!
- ¾ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- Additional sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
- Use an electric mixer at low speed to cream shortening and sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg and molasses and beat until completely incorporated. Sift together the flour,
- baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt and add to the mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll them in sugar. Place 1 ½ inches apart. Flatten slightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in resealable plastic bags.
Looking for some other yummy cookie recipes? Just click on the picture below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!