This Flip Flop Wreath is the perfect DIY Backyard Decoration! Your friends will “flip” over this easy Dollar Store Craft Project!
We are always looking for some fun outdoor decorations out by our pool. So when my amazing neighbor and friend, Maria, suggesting making a flip flops wreath, I could hardly wait to get to the dollar store!
Unfortunately, the dollar store didn’t have flip flops in March – fast forward to May and as soon as they came in stock, I was all over them!
This project is perfect for the craft challenged, like me! If you can use a glue gun, you can do it! Trust me, you can use a glue gun – if I can do it, anyone can!!!
So, we decided to go to the dollar store and grab a pool noodle for the base of the wreath. If I was to make it again, I would probably fork over the extra dollar or two and use a circle wreath base. You can find them made of styrofoam or wood and I think either of those would work just fine!
How to make a Flip Flop Wreath!
Here is what you need:
- Pool noodle or something other to affix the flip flops to (here are some great other options to the pool noodle)
- Duck tape
- Glue gun
- Flip flops – I used about 12 pairs
- 5 printed pairs in the largest size available
- 5 plain pairs in a smaller size
- 2 toddler sized pairs
Here is what you do:
- Duck tape the pool noodle in a circle and cut it in half or if you have an already circular base, even better! You can skip this step!
- Arrange and lay out the flip flops on top of the pool noodle
- Glue gun the flip flops to the noodle
- Let dry completely
Like I said, there is nothing to this project – it is super easy and makes an adorable decoration for your backyard or front door!!! We have ours hanging on our gate to our pool! It is the perfect DIY backyard decoration!
Looking for some other easy projects?
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!