Table of Contents
If you love all the flavors of Chicken Pad Thai, but feel intimidated by cooking Thai food, then you will love this incredibly delicious but Easy Chicken Pad Thai recipe!
This dish seriously takes 15 minutes, start to finish! The combination of the tender rice noodles covered in our delicious peanut sauce with a hint of lime – you won’t believe how good this quick dinner is!
Homemade Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
This better than take-out Chicken Pad Thai recipe can be ready in just 15 minutes! Quicker than picking it up from your favorite Thai restaurant carry-out!
Love copycat restaurant recipes? Then you absolutely must try our Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce. It is so easy to make and tastes just like the original!
Hi everyone! Amanda here from Old House to New Home, sharing an easy chicken dinner recipe with Asian flair!
In college, I loved going to the Thai restaurant. It was cheap, fast, and always so good. That’s where I first fell in love with Chicken Pad Thai, one of my favorite Thai noodle dishes.
As an adult, living in a small town left us without any Thai restaurants. So, on a trip to Washington D.C., I got to have my beloved Thai dish again and I knew I had to come up with an at-home version!
How to Make This Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Pinterest
for tips, ideas & recipes!
My at home our Easy Chicken Pad Thai has all the flavors of the authentic Pad Thai restaurant version, but is so easy to throw together!
A couple of tips, don’t try to substitute with linguini or any Italian type noodle. You want to hit up the Asian section of your grocery store and look for either Pad Phai noodles or Rice Noodles.
While your there, you can pick up a bottle of pad thai sauce if you are short on time! You can definitely make the sauce homemade, but if you find a good store-bought version, it works just as well.
Here is a great homemade sauce recipe if you want to try your own!
Have you had Thai food before? If you have, then you know that it is all about a balance of flavor.
I once took a Thai cooking class and we learned that most Thai recipes have heat, sweet, and sour flavors. They all meld together so well for that delicious Thai food taste!
I like to serve my chicken right on top of this recipe, as you can see in the photos, but feel free to toss the chicken in the sauce if you prefer! You could even skip the chicken and double up on the egg for extra protein or for a vegetarian option!
If you are like me and live somewhere without many Thai restaurant options, then you will love being able to make this Easy Chicken Pad Thai recipe at home, whenever the craving strikes!
I made this dinner is less than 15 minutes, with a toddler hanging on my leg! So when you are short on time, or personal space, whip up this easy Thai inspired dinner!
Easy Chicken Pad Thai
- 12 oz rice stick noodles
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 cup homemade or store bought pad thai sauce see link in post for homemade
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup green onions
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime
- Fill a pot with water and turn heat to high. When water boils, add rice stick noodles. Cook 5-6 minutes, or until tender, but still has a bite. Drain and set aside.
- While noodles cook, add oil to a large skillet and heat to medium/high heat. Sprinkle salt and garlic powder on the chicken and then add to pan once hot. Cook on both sides, 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- After chicken is removed, crack an egg into the pan. Let cook for 1 minute, then scramble into large pieces. Add noodles and sauce to the pan. Toss until all is well coated. Let noodles slightly stick to pan, so get that “fried” texture, and then continue to stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken and then garnish with peanuts and green onions. Squeeze juice of 1 lime over the top.