Blueberry Almond Cookies – the fresh blueberries make it feel like spring!
Hey all! It’s Nancy here again from The Bitter Side of Sweet! Are you guys thrown off by the fact that it is March already? I know I am!! I know we are thinking about what kind of green foods we can make but I went with these Blueberry Almond Cookies this month!
My family and I have been obsessed with blueberries! I keep finding them on sale so I keep buying pints and pints of them. My 4 year old has decided it is the only fruit she will eat now. But I can’t complain, at least she eats fruit!
My 7 year old was just happy to have these cookies, she actually ate them for breakfast with a cup of milk, shhh don’t tell anyone that! 😉
I know you guys liked this Blueberry Crepe Cake so I know you will love these as well!
To make these is super simple. I had them done in under an hour from start to finish. The kids were actually munching on them sooner than that but I cooked them in three batches because I don’t always like to put two cookie sheets in my oven. I find that when I do that, one it takes what I am baking longer to bake and two it doesn’t seem to bake very evenly. Do yo seen to have that problem? Anyways to combat that I just bake with one cookie sheet at a time and they come out exactly how I like them! Little puffs of heaven! ENJOY!
Blueberry Almond Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 brown eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In mixer add eggs, sugars and almond extract. Mixed until combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture to wet mixture.
- Stir in almonds and blueberries.
- Using two tablespoons scoop out mixture and drop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and ENJOY!
Here are some more blueberry recipes that you might like!