- ¼ cup neutral oil (such as avocado or canola, or melted coconut oil)
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup ground flax seed meal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, egg white, apple sauce, sugar, vanilla, salt, and spice.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, flax seed meal, and walnuts.
- Pour the wet mixture over the oats mixture, and toss to combine.
- Spread granola on the prepared baking sheet, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake 350°F for 15 minutes. Stir gently, being careful not to break up large clumps.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden and dry. Cool on the baking sheet.
- Once completely cool, sprinkle the dried apples and white chocolate chips over the top and transfer to an airtight container.
Nutrition per serving
Saturated fat: 3g
Vitamin C: 0.9%
Keyword: Apple, Healthy Snack