- 1 20-ounce package three cheese tortellini (I buy the frozen kind)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic (more or less if desired)
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 15-ounce diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain tortellini and set aside.
In a large saucepan, add butter and cook until melted.
Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Whisk in flour and onion powder and cook .
Slowly pour in milk and cream. Whisk until smooth.
Cook until mixture starts to boil. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, spinach, basil and oregano.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until spinach has wilted and sauce desired consistency.
Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
Stir in cook tortellini and serve!