- 1 16 ounce frozen pound cake ((family size))
- 3 cups ice cream different ice cream flavors (We like to use 3 different ice cream flavors about 1 cup each. We used Chocolate Brownie, Cookies and Cream and French Vanilla)
- 1/3 8 ounce bag Mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup M&M's
- 8 cookies Oreo cookies
- chocolate candy shell
Remove the pound cake from the foil pan and cut it into 3 even layers (sort of-ours were hilariously crooked)
Line the foil pan with enough plastic wrap to go over all 4 sides (this is to make it easy to cover and then remove from the pan later for slicing
Place one layer of pound cake in the bottom of the pan and cover with 1 cup of ice cream. Sprinkle with candy.
Repeat layers and top the last layer of ice cream with the chocolate shell topping.
Before the shell completely hardens, sprinkle with additional candy and cookies.
Place in the freezer UNCOVERED for about 5 minutes to quickly harden the shell and ice cream a bit.
Wrap up tightly and store in the freezer until ready to serve. (approximately 4-6 hours)
Once you're ready to eat it, remove from the freezer and pull gently on the plastic wrap to lift the ice cream cake out of the pan. Use a warm knife to quickly and easily slice through the ice cream and cake layers.
- Let ice cream soften for at least 10 minutes. This will make it spread a lot easier!
- Be sure to line the pan with plastic wrap, it will make it much easier to remove from the pan.
- Before you wrap and put in the freezer, Place in the freezer UNCOVERED for about 5 minutes to quickly harden the shell and ice cream a bit. This will make sure the candy shell coating will not stick to the plastic wrap.
- Run knife under hot water before you are slicing it (this makes it slice easier)!