Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn
Zesty Sweet Corn Quinoa Salad
Now that summer is around the corner, I crave light and fresh foods. My sister, Julie, told me about this amazing recipe her friend Deb shared with her for a zesty quinoa salad. When Sunshine Sweet Corn offered to send me some of their corn directly from Florida to try out in a couple of my recipes – I jumped at it! Here in Michigan, we haven’t started seeing corn at the grocery stores yet, I had no idea that sweet corn is actually at its peak in the Spring! So, we added in the sweet corn that Sunshine Sweet Corn sent me and it made a delicious spring salad!!!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can black beans – drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes – chopped
- 5 green onions – chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sweet corn
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 fresh lime – juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water has absorbed and quinoa is soft – let cool
- In small bowl mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes and cumin
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix together
- Toss with the dressing mixture and salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and chill
- Serve with tortilla chip or crackers
Wait! There is more good news! Sunshine Sweet Corn is sponsoring a sweepstakes where they are giving away 3 $250 gift certificates to Williams-Sonoma (one of my most favorite places ever!!) See this link for more information!!
Want to see some other great recipes using sweet corn…. check out these delicious Beef and Sweet Corn Burritos (one of my families favorite dinners… of course, it is super easy to make!!)
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!