- 2 pounds ground beef (90/10)
- 1 large white onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup salsa
- 15 ounces canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 20 taco shells (I recommend Stand and stuff Taco shells)
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray (2) 9x13 casserole dishes
In a large skillet, thoroughly brown ground beef. Drain any excess liquid.
Add diced onion, garlic, cook an additional 5 minutes until onions are tender. Add taco seasoning then mix well.
Remove skillet from heat then add salsa and black beans. Mix Well.
Place 10 taco shells in each casserole dish. Spread 1 Tablespoon refried beans on the inside of each taco shell. Top refried beans with ½ cup of the prepared meat mixture, then add ¼ cup shredded cheese on each taco.
Place casserole dishes side by side on the same rack. Bake for 7-10 minutes until cheese is melted and tacos are heated through.
Garnish with toppings and serve immediately for a super simple taco night!
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced green onions
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sour cream
- Diced jalapeños
FAQ’s & Tips:
- You could make this meal with a rotisserie chicken, shredded beef, or ground chicken too!
- You can substitute the cheeses with a fiesta cheese blend.
- Delicious with a simple cilantro lime rice or Spanish Rice.
Nutrition per serving
Saturated fat: 6g
Vitamin A: 592%
Vitamin C: 3%
Keyword: easy dinner, Ground Beef