- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 16 ounces Rotini or Penne pasta (uncooked)
- 24 ounce spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pepperoni
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Fresh shredded parmesan for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
Cook pasta according to directions on package for al dente, drain and set aside.
In a LARGE skillet add the olive oil and cook the ground beef, onions and garlic, all seasoned with salt and pepper, until no pink remains in the meat. Drain any extra grease.
Add the spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning to the ground beef and stir to heat. Remove from heat.
Add the cooked pasta and 1 cup of cheese to the meat and stir to mix.
Pour into the prepared 9x13 pan and spread evenly in the pan.
Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
Lay the slices of pepperoni on top of the cheese.
Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, uncovered.
- If you don’t have a large skillet then drain your pasta and place it in a large bowl. Then when the sauce is done pour the sauce over the pasta and mix in the big bowl.
- Just like a pizza you can add what you like. Mushrooms, olives, peppers etc.
- You can also change up the cheese by adding grated parmesan or some Italian cheese blends.
- If you don’t have Italian season you can substitute a mixture of oregano, basil, rosemary.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.