- 3 large skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds, cut into thin strips, cut against the grain)
- Salt and pepper to season the chicken
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 red onion (cut into thin strips)
For the Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for extra spiciness)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges and/or slices)
- 6 8-inch tortillas, flour or corn
- Optional toppings: cilantro (roughly chopped, sour cream, salsa, pica de gallo, guacamole, shredded cheese)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place the chicken and all the chopped bell peppers, garlic and onion slices on a large baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle this over the veggies and chicken on the pan.
Drizzle with olive oil. Then mix all of the ingredients around right on the pan then spread the ingredients out into a single layer.
Place the lime wedges around the pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm up during the last 5 minutes of the sheet pan cooking. Or if you prefer your tortillas heated in a pan that works too.
- Use any color of bell peppers you have
- Use any onions you have
- Can prepare the chicken and vegetables ahead. Place the cut up chicken and veggies in a Ziploc bag with olive oil and onions. When ready to cook just dump onto your sheet pan and finish the recipe
- You can replace the homemade fajita seasoning with a pre-made packet from the grocery store.