- 1 16 ounce box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces extra-sharp yellow cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8-10 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room-temp )
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
Fill a large pot halfway up with water and bring to a boil.
Once the water has started to boil, pour in a little bit of olive oil and the box of macaroni.
Cook for 2-3 minutes and then drain.
Add the macaroni to a slow cooker and add milk, shredded cheddar cheeses, parmesan, and seasonings.
Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Cut the cream cheese into cubes.
Stir in the cream cheese and the sour cream until cream cheese starts to melt.
Cook on low for an additional 20-30 minutes until hot and creamy.
Serve as is or with bacon on top.
- As with all appliances, not all crock pots cook the same. It is possible that your dish is done cooking a little early or needs a little more time! Not to worry, if it finishes early, just put it on low to keep it warm (we don't want to overcook and get mushy). Also, if it is not quite finished, let it cook a little longer.
- Don't lift the lid of the crock pot if you don't need to, the steam is important to get the pasta and the mixture to the perfect consistency!
- Hate the mess of cleaning up your crock pot, try (affiliate) slow cooker plastic liners, they make cleaning up a snap!
- If the sauce seems too thick, you can add a little bit of milk until you get your desired consistency.
Nutrition per serving
Saturated fat: 28g
Vitamin A: 1580%
Vitamin C: 0.3%
Keyword: Crock Pot Taco Dip, slow Cooker, Thanksgiving