- 1 cup butter (take out about 30 minute before to let it warm up)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (well packed!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Hershey chocolate bars grated (or approx. 4 ounces of any type of chocolate)
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease your cookie sheet.
Blend oats into a fine powder (I used a blender, but a food processor will work too!)
In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars.
Beat in one egg in at a time and then add the vanilla.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Slowly add this to the large bowl and beat until combined.
Stir in grated chocolate, chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
Drop heaping teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes (all ovens cook differently, you will want to remove them when the edges begin to brown)
Nutrition per serving
Saturated fat: 9g
Vitamin A: 265%
Vitamin C: 0.1%
Keyword: chocolate chip, cookies, desserts