- 2 packages Specially Selected Brioche Buns (8 buns total)
- 2 cups Friendly Farms Organic Milk (Whole or 2%)
- 4 Goldhen Large Eggs
- 4 small apples (peeled, cored and chopped bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup Baker's Corner Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 tsp. Stonemill Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Stonemill Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Stonemill Ground Cloves ((seasonal))
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans ((optional))
- 1 jar store-bought salted caramel sauce
- Baker's Corner Powdered Sugar or Specially Selected Vanilla Ice Cream for serving ((optional))
Cut Specially Selected Brioche Buns into 1” cubes. Place in large bowl and set aside.
Place butter in skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add chopped apples and cook for 3-5 minutes until apples are tender, stir occasionally. Add brown sugar and pecans (if using) and continue to stir over medium heat for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
Pour caramelized apples over brioche bun cubes and toss until apples are well incorporated.
Spoon brioche and apple mixture into parchment paper lined slow cooker insert (or electric pressure cooker insert).
Pour egg custard all over the bread and apple mixture. If the bread and apple mixture isn’t completely submerged in egg custard, lightly compact the bread apple mixture until completely covered by liquid.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours. Cover and cook on NORMAL if using the slow cooker setting on an electric pressure cooker.
Uncover and let sit for 5-10 minutes before removing from cooker.
Remove from cooker and drizzle salted caramel over top.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or powdered sugar.