- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 apples (cored and chopped coarsely)
- Caramel Sauce (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In in a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In the bowl of your mixer, beat 8 tablespoons melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract until combined.
Stir in flour mixture.
Pour batter into baking pan.
To make the topping, combine the flour, melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until small pea-sized clumps form.
Combine with chopped apples.
Sprinkle topping over the batter.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.