- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 14-ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 4-ounce can green chilies
- 2 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie has extra flavor!)
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 Roma tomato (diced small)
- Sour cream topping optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds so they are more bendable.
Using a regular size muffin pan place one tortilla in each cup and gently press the tortilla down into the cup, pleating the tortilla where necessary, to form a cup. Roll an aluminum foil ball to place lightly inside each cup (not pressing down too far into the cup) to help it keep its shape.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cups has hardened slightly on all sides. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside. Leave the oven on.
While cups are baking in a large mixing bowl combine the enchilada sauce, black beans, green chilies, chicken, corn and taco seasoning mixing well.
Carefully spoon the filling into each cup until the cup is full.
Place a small amount of cheese on top of each cup. Return pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling has heated up.
Remove from the oven and serve as is or sprinkle each cup with cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes. You can top with sour cream if desired.
- Warm the tortillas a small batch at a time before pressing into the cup.
- Try not to press too hard on the tortillas so they don’t tear but make sure the bottom is pressed to the bottom of the cup so they will sit up when done baking and removed from the pan.
- If using rotisserie chicken, remove the skin and you can shred it in your stand mixer with the regular mixing paddle. Put the chunks of meat in the mixing bowl and start with a slow speed and gradually increase to about medium speed until the chicken is shredded to your liking.
- You can use canned chicken if it is drained and patted dry.