- 1 lb ground sirloin or lean ground beef (you can also use ground turkey breast if you're looking for a healthier option, but I think beef is tastier)
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 1 medium sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 jar favorite spaghetti sauce (I like Classico)
- 1 can mild chili beans
- 1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 bay leaf
- Spaghetti noodles (optional)
In a large pan, sauté the onion and pepper until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside
In that same large pan, brown the meat & drain.
Add the onion, pepper, seasoning, beans, sauce and bay leaf.
Let simmer over low-medium heat for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Remove the bay leaf prior to serving.
Serve with favorite toppings or over spaghetti noodles!