- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted )
- 1 ¼ cup margarine (soft)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium bananas
- 9 ounces cool whip
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 2 cups graham crackers crumbs
Melt ½ a cup of butter and mix together with 2 cup graham crackers. Pat this mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan.
Beat powdered sugar, soft margarine, and vanilla extract and beat for about 5 minutes. Spread mixture over top of the graham crackers.
Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 30-40 minutes.
Drain the can of crushed pineapples well and spread the pineapple evenly over mixture.
Slice the banana and layer the banana slices over pineapple.
Spread the Cool Whip in a layer over the banana and sprinkle with pecans.
Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours, overnight or for up to 2 days.
When ready to serve, add a few more slices of bananas on top along with your cherries. Drizzle with chocolate or hot fudge.