- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 4 cups dry Cinnamon Swirl bread (chopped)
- Powder sugar for garnish
- Maple syrup for garnish
- Whip cream for garnish
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 2 tsp brandy extract
Slice cinnamon swirl bread into cubes, place in a large bowl and set to the side
Spray a small round baking dish with non-stick baking spray and set to the side
In small saucepan, heat milk and 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted and milk is hot. Remove from the heat.
- In small bowl, mix granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt and eggs until well blended. Stir in milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the bread bowl and fold until the bread is well coated.
- Scoop the bread mixture into the baking dish.
- Prepare your Instant Pot by adding a 1/2 cup of water.
- Add your trivet to your Instant Pot.
- Place your baking dish in your pot on top of the trivet.
- Set the Pressure to high and set timer for 25 minutes.
- When timer goes off, turn the steam release valve to “venting”.
Let sit for 10 minutes. This allows the french toast to settle and firm up.
Place a large plate over the baking dish and carefully flip it over. Lift the baking dish away from the french toast.
- Top your french toast with powder sugar, cinnamon, and whip cream.