- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream, half and half, or fat free half and half
- 1 lb refrigerated tortellini
- 1 lb chopped frozen spinach
- 3 heaping tbsp store bought pesto (plus more for serving )
In the bowl of your Instant Pot, add onion, garlic, chicken broth, pesto, and three types of tomatoes. Seal your Instant Pot and hit the Soup button. Reduce time to 20 minutes.
Once 20 minutes is up, do a quick release and open the pot. Turn pot to saute and let soup come to a rolling boil. Add spinach and tortellinis. Cook 2-3 minutes or until tortellini are tender, stirring frequently.
Add cream or half and half and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.