- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter (unsalted and softened)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- Thinly Sliced Fruit (apples, peaches, nectarines, kiwis)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. B
eat in the eggs one at a time, then add the extracts.
Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.
Roll the dough into a large ball.
Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Using an additional piece of parchment paper or wax paper, flatten the ball into a large pizza sized circle about 1/2 an inch thick.
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
Once cooled, place cookie pizza base on serving plate.
Cover with thick layer of frosting then garnish with fruit.
Slice and serve immediately or cover and store in fridge for up to 1 day.