- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 of an onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed or finely minced)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (4ocan diced green chiles
- 6 small white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans (heated)
- 6 eggs (over easy or fried)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado (chopped)
Add olive oil to a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for a few minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Stir in cumin, salt and pepper. Add the entire can of fire-roasted tomatoes (including juiceand diced green chiles and bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside. Taste and add more seasonings, to taste.
Heat a clean non-stick skillet. Spray lightly with non-stick spray. Heat tortillas, one at a time, for about 1 minute on each side. Spread a spoonful of warm refried beans on each tortilla. Spoon salsa over the beans and top with a fried egg. Garnish with chopped cilantro and avocados.