Tomato and spinach tortellini! It’s a one pot dinner so you won’t have to worry about a big mess to clean either!
Hi friends! It’s Katie from Made to be a Momma here again! I love coming by Princess Pinky Girl! Today I have a delicious and super easy meal for you – tomato and spinach tortellini! It’s a one pot dinner so you won’t have to worry about a big mess to clean either!
Once the kids go back to school life just seems to get crazy! We are already near Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas are both quickly approaching! I love having a handful of quick fix dinners in my arsenal for nights that just call for something quick but yummy too! I can’t afford to order Pizza every night as much as I would like to 🙂
Tomato and Spinach Tortellini
- 1 20-ounce package three cheese tortellini I buy the frozen kind
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic more or less if desired
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 15-ounce diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain tortellini and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add butter and cook until melted.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in flour and onion powder and cook .
- Slowly pour in milk and cream. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook until mixture starts to boil. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, spinach, basil and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until spinach has wilted and sauce desired consistency.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in cook tortellini and serve!
Nutrition information is an estimate. Please utilize your own brand information to double check against our estimates.
Looking for some other easy dinners?
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!