We have all wished for it, prayed for it, would even have given our right arm for it – well here it is….the moment you have been waiting for….THE Parenting Guidebook!
- The most important thing you should know as a parent – there isn’t, shouldn’t be and never, ever will be a parenting guidebook. (sorry).
- Every child is unique – what works for one will not necessarily work for the other.
- Keep trying, you will eventually get it right – it is when you stop trying that there are problems.
- Say it with conviction…. and then hope you are right. (BTW – this works in business as well)
- Poop, vomit,drool, pee – get used to them (and I am not talking about yours).
- Parenting karma – when you sit down to that girls lunch that you planned for months and order your food – school will call that you have a sick kid.
- The butter noodles at home are just not as good as the butter noodles at the restaurant down the street where they charge you $7.00.
- Buy stock in Lysol disinfecting wipes.
- Your stomach will drop every time you see the phone number from school pop up on your caller ID.
- Your 10-year-old isn’t the only kid who doesn’t know how to tie their shoes
- Remember the show “Are you smarter than a 5th”? You won’t be laughing at those contestants so much anymore when you have to look up how to do 4th grade math – true story!
- When you get the note home from school that lice has been found in your child’s classroom – your head will immediately start itching.
- You will wish that your child would cuddle you like they cuddle their cell phone.
- X-box Kinect isn’t actually exercise.
- They are never too old for a hug, kiss and an “I love you.”
What are YOUR additions to the non-existent parenting handbook?
See some other fun parenting articles:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!