For the characters, you will need:
- 4 Paper plates
- Tissue paper (red, yellow, green, blue)
- Pipe cleaners or small ribbon (any color)
- Hot glue
- Yellow feathers
- Styrofoam balls (1 medium egg shape, 1 medium round, 3 small round)
- Black and orange paint (acrylic or any type that will cover styrofoam)
- 1 piece each of yellow, blue, brown, and pink construction paper
- 2 pieces black paper
Step 2: Secure with pipe cleaner or ribbon in the middle
Step 3: Round edges with scissors
Step 4: Separate each layer of tissue paper pulling toward center to make flower
ELMO – cut medium styrofoam ball in half, one for each eye. Cut egg shape styrofoam in half for nose and paint orange. Cut large mouth out of black paper. Hot glue parts to face. Use black paint for pupils.
- Elmo– Orange jelly bean for Elmo’s nose, 1/2 Oreo cookie for mouth (take Oreo apart and remove filling)
- Cookie Monster– Standing chocolate chip cookie for mouth
- Oscar– Cut tootsie roll in half. Using your fingers, mold into snake shape for eye brows. Cut heart shape from flattened red Starburst candy and use frosting to glue to 1/2 Oreo cookie for mouth.
- Big Bird– Mold beak from yellow Starburst candy.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!