Do you hate pumpkin desserts? I do…. never liked them. I hate the smell of pumpkin. I hate cooking with pumpkin…just not a fan! However, my dad loves pumpkin pie. Every Thanksgiving my grandma would make a pumpkin pie and my dad was the only one who ate any of it. So this year for Thanksgiving, I decided that I needed to find some type of dessert that incorporates pumpkins that everyone would like. SCORE!!! I did it!!! I made these Rolo Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites that came out delectable!
Any of you who have read previous recipe posts know that I am not the best cook – if there are too many ingredients or things I have never heard of or too many steps – I am out! I typically have to make about 3-5 cooking support calls to my sister Julie, the real cook in the family (she got all of my grandma’s baking jeans – I got my grandmas fine hair!). My point being – if I can make these ANYONE can!
Rolo Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I used the already crushed from a can)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz, softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 can of canned pumpkin (I used half of a 15 oz. can)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 Rolo's
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles and caramel drizzle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease mini muffin pan with non-stick spray
- In a medium size bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter
- Evenly distribute mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups.
- Press along the bottom and sides to make a “cup”.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then let cool
- Beat cream cheese and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium until it is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the pumpkin and salt.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg - blend well
- Scoop into the graham cracker cups (I did have some mixture left over)
- Bake for 20 minutes, pull out of oven and press the Rolo into the center of each cup. Bake an additional 5 minutes
- Let cool in pan for about 30 - 45 minutes
- Refrigerate in pan at least 12 hours
- Use a knife to loosen the edges and carefully "pop" out
- Top with whipped cream (sprinkles and caramel sauce drizzle optional)
- Store in the refrigerator
Looking for some other delicious bite sized desserts?
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!