Rice Krispie Treats Robins Nest
I love all of the creative ideas out there using Rice Krispie Treats! Rice Krispie Treats are not only one of my favorite desserts, but from a creativity standpoint, it is as easy as working with clay!! For everyone out there who knows me….a cute & easy recipe or craft totally screams my name!
What you need:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 cups of mini mashmellows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Food coloring
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- Candy & molding chocolate
- Jelly beans
- Muffin or cupcake pan
What you do:
- Spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and melt them, stirring frequently. Once they are totally melted, add a few drops of food coloring and mix. (any color you choose! I did red and blue to get a purple nest)
- Remove from heat and mix in the Rice Krispies.
- Quickly take a large spoonful of the mixture and shape with fingers along side the muffin cups. I used a small glass to press down the middle of the “nest”.
- Let cool completely.
- While the nests are cooling, in a small bowl mix the water and green food coloring. Add the coconut and mix until the coconut is tinted green. Lay it out on tin foil to dry.
- Once the nest are cool, use candy and molding chocolate (follow directions on chocolate) and dip the bottom of the nests in to the chocolate. Set in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut and jelly beans to finish off!
Looking for some other fun Easter or spring desserts? Try Pretzel Bunny Hugs
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!