I am obsessed with Pinterest.
I use it for SO many different reasons. Recipes, party planning, shopping, holiday decorating, projects with my kids, DIY project…. this list goes on and on…. and so do my boards. I have 72 different boards, more than 23,000 pins and 3,700,0000 followers. As I said, I am obsessed with Pinterest.
The other day, my mom mentioned a revolutionary idea. She is always asking me what my kids want for their birthdays or for Hanukkah and I always say the same thing “I don’t know, let me ask them.” So she said, “why don’t you have them each make a board on Pinterest, a Wish List of sorts?” What a GREAT idea! So each child will have their own Pinterest gift wish list board and friends and family can look on it and even go to the site where they found the product to purchase it! SO SMART!!!
For those of you out there who are maybe not as Pinterest savvy as some of us, I am going to provide you with some very easy instructions on how to go about setting this up.
- Step 1 – Have an adult set up a Pinterest Account (you must be at least 13 to have your own account.)
- Step 2 – Create a “Wish List” board for each child (click on the “+” sign in the upper right hand corner of Pinterest next to your picture and name.)
- Step 3 – Install the “Pin it” button on your browsers toolbar – follow this link for detailed instructions to install the “pin it” button. Be sure to use the right instructions for your browser.
- Step 4 – Start pinning – Have your child browsing their favorite sites (Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, Apple, Nike, etc.)
- Step 5 – When your child finds an item for their Wish List, have them pin it to their board.
- Step 6 – Tell all of your friends and family about the Wish List.
- Step 7 – When someone finds something that they would like to purchase for your child, they can either go to the store or click on the picture of the pinned item two times and they will be taken directly to the retail site to purchase!
This Wish List can be used for many other events too and isn’t limited to kids (my friend told me she started one for her family who never knows what to buy her!) A couple other occasions that I could think of are:
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Sweet Sixteen
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
I am super excited to try this with my kids! Not only will we know exactly what they want – it provides hours of entertainment looking for their Wish List items!!!
How are some other ways that all of you use Pinterest??
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!