These Peppermint Oreo Truffles are incredibly delicious and easy to make with only 5 ingredients. All you need its Oreos, cream cheese, peppermint extract, chocolate, and candy canes and they are no bake!
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
Truffles are the chocolate lovers heaven! They are rich, soft, creamy and just melt in your mouth. This is a great dessert to make with kids and the fact that they are no-bake means that they are also quick and easy!
Another thing I love about this truffle recipe is that you can make them in advance and keep them in the fridge for up to five days before you need them.
This comes in handy when you are running around with all of the holiday craziness and you find a few minutes to make them! Then they are ready to go when you need them!
How to make Peppermint Oreo Truffles
The best part of making truffles is that they are so easy! They are no bake and are pretty hard to mess up!
Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
The first step is to crush up the Oreos. You can do this by placing them in a plastic bag and crushing them with a mallet. But it is much easier if you have a food processor or blender. Just throw the cookies in there and pulse until finely ground up.
Next, add in the cream cheese and peppermint extract and continue to pulse until they are combined and smooth.
Once the mixture is complete, take small cookie scoop (or a spoon if you don’t have a cookie scoop) and scoop the dough into approximately 1-inch balls. Roll it up firmly in your hands and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
Follow the instructions on the candy melt packaging (melt either using a double broiler or in the microwave). Pour melted chocolate into a small bowl.
Dip the Oreo Cookie truffles into the bowl of melted white chocolate and let the excess chocolate drip off. Then top with crushed candy canes.
Let the chocolate firm up before serving.
Tools I Love
Following are some tools that I find super helpful when making truffles (affiliate links):
- Small Cookie Scoop (you will wonder how you ever lived without this!)
- Silpat or Silicone Baking Mat (better than wax paper or parchment paper!)
- Wilton Dipping Scoop (this makes dipping into chocolate SO much easier)
More No-Bake Desserts
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 18 Oreo Cookies
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ounces white melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
Place the Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the cream cheese and peppermint extract and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some dough into your hands and roll into a ball, place onto cookie sheet
- Repeat steps until all dough is used
- Place the cookie balls in the freezer until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Follow instructions on candy melt package to properly melt the chocolate until smooth.
- Remove Oreo cookie truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate.
- Place back onto baking sheet and top with crushed candy canes
- Allow chocolate to harden before enjoying!
Nutrition per serving
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!