Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
I went over to my friend Jayme’s today and she was busy baking. She is one of those bakers who can swap out ingredients and not stress about it. If you are anything like me, I have to have everything exact. I follow instructions to the letter and when someone tells me “just throw in a little of this and a little of that” – forget it…. that recipe is history for me!
So, she found this Chewy Oatmeal Cookies recipe on the back of a brown sugar bag and decided to make it a healthier chewy oatmeal cookie! I always thought that oatmeal cookies were “healthy”, but when I looked at the ingredients – boy was I wrong! 4 eggs…. 1 1/2 cups shortening – yikes!!! The best part is when I tasted these – OMG were they amazing!!! I am telling you that you will not be disappointed in these cookies. You would never know they were a healthier chewy oatmeal cookie!
Here’s What You Need:
- 2 GoGo Squeeze Apple Sauces
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 egg whites & 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag white chocolate chips
- OPTIONAL: Banana and dried cherries
Here’s What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside
- Beat brown sugar and apple sauce and oil in large bowl until cream (use an electric mixer)
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix
- Add dry ingredients and mix until blended
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate and white chocolate chips
- Drop cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets
- Bake cookies until starting to brown but middle looks underdone – 10 -12 minutes
- Cool slightly and transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely
Looking for some not-so-healthy dessert options – well I got you covered there!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!