Make these DIY Essential Oil Lotion Bars and refuse to let your dry skin settle in for winter.
Please welcome my amazing contributor, Erica from Craft Create Cook!
I am sure I am not alone when I say my skin get so dry in the winter. My hands and legs especially. They cannot get enough lotion and I don’t necessarily like using the super smelly ones since I love to wear perfume, it messes with the scent leaving me smelling like a bakery during Christmas. That’s why I love to make my own using essential oils since those have some awesome benefits and aren’t overpowering when you combine with a carrier oil. One of my favorite essential oils to use in my DIY beauty products is Lavender, it’s known to relieve pain, nervous tension, and enhance blood circulation making it great for lotion. If you have these ingredients laying around, I recommend you start making your own too.
Here is what you need:
- Beeswax Pellets
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Therapeutic grade lavender essential oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Silicone Heart Mold
- In a glass measuring cup, combine 2 Tablespoons of beeswax, 2 Tablespoons of cocoa butter, 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Then mix in 1/4 teaspoon vitamin E oil and a few drops of your essential oil and mix.
- Carefully pour your hot picture into your silicone molds and place in the freezer on a flat surface for about 15 minutes to harden.
- Now stretch the sides of your heart molds and press up on the bottom to remove your heart shapes lotion bars.
Now to use your lotion bars all your need to do is rub the bar onto your skin just like you would a normal lotion and your skin will absorb the oils and moisture.
What’s your go to for cold weather dry skin? Do you make your own DIY Essential Oil Lotion Bars? Let us know in the comments below!
*Always do a skin test before using new essential oils
You might also like to make our: