I am obsessed – I just made THE BEST snack ever! Spicy crunchy baked chickpeas – but here’s the thing – I despise chickpeas – hate them….. pick them off of my salad…. H.A.T.E. But I L.O.V.E these!! THE BEST news is that they are crazy easy to make!!! I did it all by myself with NO support. These remind me of corn nuts – which I love, but these are a much healthier option.
Just as a side note, I wanted to use chili powder to make them spicy and I didn’t have any!! So, are you sitting down….. I made my own… yup (this coming from a person who buys cinnamon sugar!!)
Crunchy (spicy) Baked Chickpeas
- 2 (16-ounce) cans chickpeas, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander and rinse well.
- Lay the chickpeas out on a paper towel and pat dry – try to dry them out as much as possible.
- In a medium sized bowl Mix the oil and dry ingredients together until blended.
- Toss the chickpeas in the bowl with the other ingredients. Coat them well.
- Lay the chickpeas out on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake until crisp – but not burnt 40-50 minutes.
- Store in a sealed container.