I am honestly so obsessed with anything coconut! It doesn’t matter how full I am, I can always make room for a dessert with coconut! So when my youngest, Aidan, asked if I could create a coconut cream pie bite, I just couldn’t resist!
If you know anything about me, you know that I don’t really cook as much as I assemble. This recipe is very easy and takes no time at all!
Coconut Cream Pie Bites
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package Jell-O vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 3/4 cup sweetened flake coconut
- Carmel Sauce (optional)
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease mini muffin pan with non-stick butter spray
- In a medium size bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter with a spoon (Some people find that this is too much butter and the butter starts to pool – Melt the butter and add slowly to the crumbs, a little bit at a time, making sure it’s not too wet. You can always add more. You want a soft dough that sticks together slightly when you try to form a ball, not a wet dough.)
- Evenly distribute mixture to the mini muffin cups (makes about 18-20). Press along the bottom and sides to make a “cup”. Do not make the bottom too thick or the butter could pool when cooking.
- Bake for 5 minute or until top edges start to get golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- When cool, use a knife to loosen cups and “pop” out of muffin pan.
- Combine pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk for about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of Cool Whip and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Place pudding mixture in a plastic sandwich bag and cut the bottom corner off – use this to fill the cups with the pudding (or you can just use a spoon to place a spoonful in the cup.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Toast remaining coconut.
HOW TO TOAST THE COCONUT: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut onto bottom of shallow pan. Bake 3-5 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of pudding cup, top each pie with remaining Cool Whip (right before serving) and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce (optional)
Check out some of my other BITES! Just click on the picture!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!