October is officially Breast Cancer Awareness month. Breast cancer research is a cause near and dear to my heart – I have family, friends and colleagues who have and are battling this awful disease. I am committed to making a difference and I’m honored to team up with some amazing partners to spread awareness this month!
If you’re unfamiliar with Tieks, they are the creators of these adorable foldable flats that I LIVE in! They are made of the finest Italian leather and fold up so you can carry them basically anywhere. Tieks is promoting their pink ballerina flat this month and is committed to educating women about early detection and self exams for Breast Cancer. I’m so excited to be a part of this and to share with all of you! Visit Tieks today to get you pair and support breast cancer research!
Accessory Concierge not only has an amazing Jewelry collection they are so supportive of breast cancer research. They created some fabulous pieces just for the cause and is donating 20% of the proceeds to breastcancerfund.org. This is just one of the great cuffs that they created. I love the saying “Fight like a girl”…the meaning of this has TOTALLY changed through the years and any boy who has fought against a girl knows that it is a losing battle – don’t mess with us breast cancer… we will prevail!! Click here to see the rest of this fabulous collection! #toughasnails.
Did you know?
- In the U.S., 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Every 19 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Every 15 minutes, a woman dies of breast cancer in the U.S.
- When breast cancer is detected early in the localized stage, the 5 year survival rate is over 95%.
- It has been estimated that if every woman over the age of 50 had her yearly mammogram, breast cancer deaths in this age group would drop by 25% or more.
- Ways to increase your chance for early detection: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/detailedguide/breast-cancer-detection
Huge thanks to Tieks and Accessory Concierge for providing me with this information to share with you and a pair of pink flats and a Fight Like a Girl Cuff which I will proudly wear this months and all year round for Breast Cancer Awareness. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has been impacted by this horrible disease.
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!