Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn
Sweet Corn Beef Burrito
Quick and easy dinners are a must have in my house, but when I find one with fresh vegetables AND everyone in my house will eat it AND it is delicious – I see that as a HUGE SCORE!! When Sunshine Sweet Corn offered to send me some of their corn directly from Florida to try out in a couple of my recipes – I jumped at it! Here in Michigan, we haven’t started seeing corn at the grocery stores yet (I had no idea that sweet corn is actually at its peak in the Spring!) and my family LOVES corn. It is one of the few veggies that all of my kids will eat! We also all love Mexican food, so I thought I would try adding the fresh corn into one of our favorite dishes – voila – Sweet Corn Beef Burritos!!
The best part of this dish, is that when I say it is easy – it is REALLY easy (and my son LOVES to take the leftovers for lunch…. if there are any1!). The even better part of this dish is how the sweet corn adds an incredible twist on an everyday favorite!
Here is what you need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 stalks of fresh Sunshine Sweet Corn, husked
- 1 box of wild rice (I used Uncle Ben’s Fast Cook Butter & Herbs)
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- Flour tortillas
Here is what you do:
- Remove corn from the cob (I used a cool corn stripper – see this link)
- Cook wild rice according to instructions on box
- In a large saute pan, brown ground beef and add taco seasoning (follow instructions on package)
- Add to the pan the cooked rice and sweet corn. Mix together and let cook on medium heart for 3 -5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy (we love it rolled up in tortillas or on its own!)
Wait! There is more good news! Sunshine Sweet Corn is sponsoring a sweepstakes where they are giving away 3 $250 gift certificates to Williams-Sonoma (one of my most favorite places ever!!) See this link for more information!!
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!