Valentine’s Day is coming and I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for creative ideas to give out for my kids Valentine’s treats that aren’t candy! Many schools now restrict any type of food treats in the classroom so these Valentine’s Day Heart Crayons are simply perfect!!
These heart crayons are super easy to make and it is a perfect use for all of those broken crayons that you have laying around the house – AND the more broken the better!!!
See this video for a step by step how to or the instructions below:
Here is what you need:
- Silicon heart mold – here is where I got mine
- Broken crayons
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Peel the paper off of all of the crayons and break into small pieces
- Place different color pieces in each of the heart molds (I like to make sure to have some light colors and some dark colors in each. I try to put at least a small piece of white in each one)
- Place on a cookie sheet in the oven for about 12 minutes. Please note: all ovens cook differently. You will want to watch for the crayons to melt completely, but take them out before all of the colors mush together too much!!
- Take out of the oven and let them cool completely. The crayons should pop right out of the molds!
Looking for some other Valentine’s Day treats – just click on the pictures below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!