I grew up loving rainbows! My bedroom was covered in them…literally! I had rainbows pained on my walls, my bedding was rainbows, my pillow – you name it, there was a rainbow on it. My love of rainbows is why I decided that I had to add easy Rainbow Cookies to my recipe box. These super easy Rainbow Cookies uses your favorite sugar cookie recipe and your love for creating with Play-Doh and mashes the two together for this adorable cookie treat. They are perfect for Easter, St. Patrick’s Day or just when you need a rainbow to put a smile on your face.
See the how-to video and recipe below:
Here is what you need:
- Sugar cookie dough – I discovered this wonderful recipe from Back to Her Roots – what I love is that the cookies don’t spread in the oven!
- Gel food coloring – I got my food coloring here – I prefer the gel as it doesn’t compromise the batter at all!
- Marshamallow Bits – see here – these are not mini-marshmallows, they are Bits!
- Corn syrup
- Plastic Wrap
Here is what you do:
- Divide the cookie dough into 4 parts and place in four separate bowls.
- Using a toothpick, add 4 different gel food coloring to the divided dough and mix it well. I used red, yellow, green and blue. Add coloring until you get your desired shade.
- Flatten the dough into a square shape and wrap each separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and unwrap the plastic wrap.
- Grab a small section of each color (about 1 – 1.5 tablespoons of each, but feel free to make them bigger or smaller, it is all personal preference). Roll them out long and thin and place on cookie sheet in a rainbow shape.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the bottom just begins to get a bit golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Using a basting brush, lightly brush a thin layer of corn syrup on the bottom of the rainbow. Place marshmallow bits on the corn syrup and let dry.
Looking for some other easy treats – just click on the pictures below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!