Easter is coming up around the corner, and while I don’t celebrate Easter, I love holiday themed snacks. These Easter Basket Sugar Cookies are the perfect project to make with your kids – they are super easy and so much fun to make …. and to eat!!
Here’s what you need:
- Refrigerated ready made sugar cookie dough (I used Nestle Rolled & Ready – I like this the best)
- Edible Easter Grass or coconut dyed green with green food coloring
- Jelly Beans, Easter M&M’s, etc.
- Rainbow Airheads
- Cookie decorating icing
Here’s what you do:
- Using a mini muffin pan, roll the sugar cookie dough in a small ball and press into the bottom of the muffin tin and up along the sides.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and use the end of wooden spoon or spatula to press a “bowl” hole in the cookie along the bottom and sides. (see picture below)
- Let cool completely and remove from muffin tin (I used a knife to pop them out).
- Cut edible grass into small pieces and place in cups.
- Cut the Airheads into thinner strips (I used 2 colors width) and about 2/3 of the strip long. Put a dab of icing on each end of the Airheads and stick it to the inside side of the cup.
- Place a few jelly beans on top of the grass.
Looking for some other easy desserts? Click on the pictures below:
Sign up for the Princess Pinky Girl Newsletter and automatically receive our latest & greatest delivered right to your inbox! Follow Princess Pinky Girl on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes, crafts, travels and updates!
If you make a Princess Pinky Girl creation make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with @princesspinkygirl ! I love seeing your masterpieces!